Shared Hosting Account: that meets Xenforo requirements

Sam2019

Shared Hosting Account:

I was looking into migrating Xenforo to a new Linux hosting service...
Must meet all xenforo requirements;

I need to know if you have the below requirements on your servers?

I am running a xenforo forum, 3,500 plus members as of today.

Our needs are
SSD
Monthly Transfer #
Image Magick
inodes limit
email limit, xenforo sends out a weekly digest and monthly newsletter to all members.
cPanel

Please let me know;

Thanks

3,500 members is great, but more importantly how many daily visitors do you have?
  • All options here have SSD, unless you were to get a dedicated and change to an HDD.
  • Not sure what you mean by "Monthly Transfer #", if you're referring to bandwidth VPS's have between 2 - 5 TB bandwidth depending on which you choose.
  • ImageMagick is easy to install. Though you may need to have a VPS or Dedicated to be allowed to install it, not sure if KH support would have it on shared or resller, though I imagine they would.
  • The AUP explains inode limits on shared (200,000) and reseller (250,000 per account) accounts, but I'm not aware of a limit on VPS accounts. Wait for KH to chime in on this question to be certain.
  • There is no email limits on VPS's but you do have to adhere to the AUP, which as you described would be fine.
  • ALL VPS's have cPanel included at no extra cost (unless you choose unmanaged, which would add $14/mo more for a cPanel license).

Shared Hosting Account:

I was looking into migrating Xenforo to a new Linux hosting service...
Must meet all xenforo requirements;

I need to know if you have the below requirements on your servers?

I am running a xenforo forum, 3,500 plus members as of today.

Our needs are
SSD
Monthly Transfer #
Image Magick
inodes limit
email limit, xenforo sends out a weekly digest and monthly newsletter to all members.
cPanel

Please let me know;

Thanks
3,500 members is great, but more importantly how many daily visitors do you have?
  • All options here have SSD, unless you were to get a dedicated and change to an HDD.
  • Not sure what you mean by "Monthly Transfer #", if you're referring to bandwidth VPS's have between 2 - 5 TB bandwidth depending on which you choose.
  • ImageMagick is easy to install. Though you may need to have a VPS or Dedicated to be allowed to install it, not sure if KH support would have it on shared or resller, though I imagine they would.
  • The AUP explains inode limits on shared (200,000) and reseller (250,000 per account) accounts, but I'm not aware of a limit on VPS accounts. Wait for KH to chime in on this question to be certain.
  • There is no email limits on VPS's but you do have to adhere to the AUP, which as you described would be fine.
  • ALL VPS's have cPanel included at no extra cost (unless you choose unmanaged, which would add $14/mo more for a cPanel license).

I was referring to Shared Hosting..
Thanks

Big and BOLD no less and I overlooked it. Most of what I said also applies to shared hosting questions.
Shared Hosting is SSD, inode is 200,000 for shared, no email limit so long as it adheres to the AUP, cPanel is included. The only question(s) left is if KH includes ImageMagick on shared, and clearification on what you mean by monthly transfer #.

These two resources will answer most of your questions:
Shared Hosting Specs
Acceptable Use Policy

5 GB SSD Cloud Storage
Unlimited SSD Cloud Storage
Each account has a maximum of 200,000 inodes and a maximum combined 1024 IOPS disk performance.
Even the $3.47 plan at KnownHost include 5GB of storage with 5 domains and unlimited emails
Included are cPanel and LiteSpeed at no extra cost

If you're sending over 70,000 emails per month, you may want to consider something beefier than a shared hosting plan.

not sending out 70,000
but 100 per hr will simply not work as far as just the forum member post replies. and will not work as far as sending out a forum newsletter to all members.that would take 3,500 hrs to send... at 100 at a time...