FREE ImunifyAV

From what I've seen ImunifyAV is pretty decent. The scanner is much better than things like Clamscan and it seems to be relatively efficient on resources.

The scanner is the same one from Imunify360 which we've been selling for a while now. I'd say if you want to, give it a go. We're setup to sell ImunifyAV+ licenses which offer malware cleaning though I've not really tested that aspect yet on its effectiveness but they claim 97% of detections can be cleaned as opposed to just quarantined.

Is ImunifuAV360 that you are selling is available for my MVPS-5 ?

Thanks,

ImunifyAV+ is available for MVPS-5 but you'll have to ask that your ticket be directed to me. Imunify360 is available to Cloud VPS and dedicated servers and we hope to expand it to the MVPS line later this year.

I tried ImunifyAV Free. Everything is manual in a WHM plugins and nothing can be done via cPanel else seing issues once root as run manually a job to scan. It's working at least as it detected issues in some of my cPanel accounts. Documentation can be found at https://docs.imunifyav.com/imunifyav/

Installation via SSH of ImunifyAV Free:
Code:
#wget https://repo.imunify360.cloudlinux.com/defence360/imav-deploy.sh
#bash imav-deploy.sh

To show cPanel icon:
Code:
#/opt/alt/python35/share/imunify360/scripts/av-userside-plugin.sh

Sorry going off topic here:
I would not add Imunify360 to my MVPS-5 being in production. I would start a new VPS first and transfer to and even to a dedicated server. With all addons, it's getting way too pricy for addons which "secures" a VPS. If I add the addons I would need on my VPS, it adds up 102$/month for a secured VPS. It just doesn't make sense to run a VPS with those addons when you compare pricing between the VPS itself and the addons. I'm already getting out of space on MVPS-5 because of IMAP accounts.

Was looking at a dedicated server but the KH-MD1 is way to bottom line(server CPU? I would crush that server to a crawl). KH-MD2 make sense but not available in Baltimore(Baltimore is a must for me). Having multiple VPS just add 102$/month per VPS for security so my brains is spinning like crazy o_O and I can't make a move. My MVPS-5 will run out of space soon because of IMAP accounts.

Addons details:
20$ for LiteSpeed
6$ LS Cache
3$ Kernel Care (not available)
32$ Imunify360
25$ Patchman (already on my VPS)
10$ Proactive Monitoring (already on my VPS)
6$ JetBackup (already on my VPS)
Total: 102$/month

My VPS cost 115$/month

Total VPS cost per month with addons: 217$/month

I've made the jump to try and setup a Cloud VPS with all addons :D Hope I can get to setup CloudLinux and LiteSpeed properly.

Wish me luck!

I'm really pleased with both VPS (Cloud-4 and MVPS-5). The only downside to Cloud is the lower I/O limit. I love both services I have. Each of them are powerful setup. I'll stick to Cloud VPS for sure.

Just a quick question about the I/O speed between MVPS and Cloud VPS. On my MVPS-5 in East DC I have around 900MB/s but on Cloud-4 I have around 300MB/s. Are all packages block at that I/O speed or it can be customize? I'm just asking because I use JetBackup daily to transfer remotely and I/O can make a difference on how many hours it can take to run the backup job.

Thanks again for answering all my questions and multiple tickets I created. I'm glad to be at KnownHost for over 4 years!!

I think something to remember here is the MB/s is different from Mbps.

300 MB/s is equal to 2400 Mbps. Given that the port speed on your VPS is 100Mbps what good would 900MB/s (7200 Mbps) do you?

In the real world you won't notice any speed difference in the two and sequential read/write times like this are very out of line with real-world needs of web servers. The 300MB/s is indeed an artificial limitation imposed by us due to the fact that our Cloud uses network storage so we set very reasonable limits to ensure a single customer couldn't do something less than ideal and consume the entire network path's bandwidth to the storage cluster.

In simple terms, 300MB/s is in no way limiting your Jetbackup backups nor is the 900MB/s on an MVPS-5 making it faster than the Cloud-4.

Hope this helps :)

@KH-Jonathan,

Thank you for your answer as it is greatly appreciated and I now understand how it's configured under the hood. I have way more power in both MVPS and Cloud VPS that I should need.

Both server took almost the same time when using JetBackup (external backup compressed *.tar.gz to a GoogleDrive, can't do incremental with GoogleDrive)

After migrating all my customers from an MVPS-5 to a Cloud-4, both was working perfectly for my need. I just have a bit more addons on the Cloud-4 (Imunify360, CloudLinux..) and it's a fresh OS. My MVPS-5 was over 4 years old and began to suffer from me tweaking too much things on the backend.

It's a win-win situation for me and I'm really happy!

ImunifyAV+ is available for MVPS-5 but you'll have to ask that your ticket be directed to me. Imunify360 is available to Cloud VPS and dedicated servers and we hope to expand it to the MVPS line later this year.
Please let me know as well. I've been going back and forth with support about available solutions, seems like this is it. It looks on the website as it is available for VPS now, but perhaps not all levels? I'm on VPS SSD-0. I'd be interested in Immunify 360.

Please let me know as well. I've been going back and forth with support about available solutions, seems like this is it. It looks on the website as it is available for VPS now, but perhaps not all levels? I'm on VPS SSD-0. I'd be interested in Immunify 360.

Imunify AV is pretty good for VPS's that want virus scanner; but it only scans -- has no clean up functionality.
Imunify AV+ is the paid version of this; provides scanning and clean up.

However; I would be hesitant applying it to an SSD-0 due to the limited RAM capacity of the legacy VPS.