OpenVZ, Litespeed and Colocation

yuyumonk

I'm going back and forth between KH and another company and I'm leaning towards KH for the excellent support. But I have some questions/concerns that I was hoping you could help me with.

I'm coming from a shared reseller account and primarily host WordPress sites, one of which is a multisite network. I'm looking at SSD-3 and opting not to go with Litespeed and LSCache for now. I figure I can save the money and if needed I can always upgrade later. Is that a good decision or is Litespeed and LSCache something that I should get immediately?

Should I be concerned that KH doesn't have staff in the datacenters? My thinking here is that they're reliant on the staff at the datacenter to handle any hardware and/or network issues that might arise. Has this been a problem for anyone who's been with KH for a while now?

I've been reading mixed reviews on OpenVZ vs KVM. Not knowing much about virtualization software, is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm going back and forth between KH and another company and I'm leaning towards KH for the excellent support. But I have some questions/concerns that I was hoping you could help me with.

I'm coming from a shared reseller account and primarily host WordPress sites, one of which is a multisite network. I'm looking at SSD-3 and opting not to go with Litespeed and LSCache for now. I figure I can save the money and if needed I can always upgrade later. Is that a good decision or is Litespeed and LSCache something that I should get immediately?

Should I be concerned that KH doesn't have staff in the datacenters? My thinking here is that they're reliant on the staff at the datacenter to handle any hardware and/or network issues that might arise. Has this been a problem for anyone who's been with KH for a while now?

I've been reading mixed reviews on OpenVZ vs KVM. Not knowing much about virtualization software, is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for your time.

The SSD-3 will handle general WP sites just fine. Litespeed and especially LSCache will significantly increase the amount of traffic your site can handle simultaneously and it will speed it up - but the lack of those two will not make your website slow by any stretch. You're right that you can always add it later.

All of our datacenters are staffed 24/7 and being in a virtualized environment where you're not necessarily directly tied to hardware (ie we can move your VPS around without taking it offline) we don't need our own staff on-site.

OpenVZ vs KVM...boy. You get into some very biased people on web hosting forums. OpenVZ is a great platform when managed well. KVM is a great platform when managed well. OpenVZ is an easier platform to run poorly. That causes it to get a bad rap, that's all :)