IP address addition Limitations?

curdude

My colleague requested an additional IP address for the VPS but got a surprise note that each VPS is limited to X amount of IP addresses (2 + 4).

Not sure this limitation is written anywhere on the package offerings. It may be good to indicate this for future clients.

We are now concerned we will be ask for an explanation every single time an additional IP address is requested.

With the IPv4 shortage, ARIN is being increasingly picky about doling out IPs. As long as you can justify the additional IP, we should be able to give it to you.

Update. Not as easy as one thinks. DP came back and said won't issue one because there is no certificate issued and that there is only a landing page. Does one have to buy the certificate first and then ask for an IP address? Should it not be the reverse? Get an IP address, set the domain to the IP address then get the SSL certificate?

I thing ya'll need some clear instructions posted somewhere on what is needed to get an additional IPv4 address.

Update. Not as easy as one thinks. DP came back and said won't issue one because there is no certificate issued and that there is only a landing page. Does one have to buy the certificate first and then ask for an IP address? Should it not be the reverse? Get an IP address, set the domain to the IP address then get the SSL certificate?

I thing ya'll need some clear instructions posted somewhere on what is needed to get an additional IPv4 address.

With SNI being much more common now with CentOS 6 there's very little need for additional IPs. SSLs no longer require them.