Moving to your fully managed SSD2 VPS

Kathy S.

Frankly, I am very nervous to be moving to a company where I cannot hear a voice over the phone, but your great service record and amazing email responses from rep Justin this morning are going to get me to make the leap from my current hosting co.
I have been advised to place my site in maintenance mode during migration. Can I arrange it so you do the migration during the night so fewer customers get inconvenienced? Does it take 1 hour...3 hours...does it depend on time of day?
I was also told "IP's come in the welcome email. Support will move your data upon a support ticket being migrated." Rereading this now, I am not sure what this means.
Thanks.

Frankly, I am very nervous to be moving to a company where I cannot hear a voice over the phone, but your great service record and amazing email responses from rep Justin this morning are going to get me to make the leap from my current hosting co.
I have been advised to place my site in maintenance mode during migration. Can I arrange it so you do the migration during the night so fewer customers get inconvenienced? Does it take 1 hour...3 hours...does it depend on time of day?
I was also told "IP's come in the welcome email. Support will move your data upon a support ticket being migrated." Rereading this now, I am not sure what this means.
Thanks.

Hey Kathy,

We can move your site whenever you want. Day, night, weekend, holiday, etc. It depends upon the size of your site being moved over and the speed of the old server, but it's generally done within an hour or two for a single site.

Was Justin was implying is that once you receive your welcome email, open a support ticket requesting migration and we'll get everything taken care of for you.

it's worth bearing in mind (and learning/asking about) that if you set up the TTL settings on your DNS zones correctly, the final step of the migration can then be done much quicker, but you will need to make those changes at least 72 hours before that final step. Support or the internet (I think there is a thread or two on these forums) will be able to tell you what I'm talking about...

You won't regret moving here, from a shared host in particular if that's where you're coming from.