Pre-sale question

huggy

Hi, I am looking for Managed VPS Hosting, and having read your forum and testimonials and nearly ready to take the plunge with VPS-2.

I have a question that I would like answered (if possible) before I make the purchase – I understand I could make the purchase and then raise a support ticket, but I thought I would try this route first….

I was an administrator on a recently launched website + vBulletin forum, which is in its very early days and still needs a lot of developing – the guy that set up the site also provided free hosting with his own company.
To cut a long story short he lost interest in the site and handed it over to me. I have had the domain name transferred to me and I am the registrant, and now own the site.

All the hosting we have is still free, but it is becoming very much hit and miss with regular downtime and sluggish performance of the site – so I want to make a fresh start with a new hosting company.

I would like to migrate the site to KnownHost, my only concern is with the existing file naming of the site – as it was set up by the previous owner a lot of the files and data bases use his name. (Though I have had full user privileges given to me for the databases) I have been given full access to the server and site with usernames and password and can easily provide all admin access to the site and cPanel. I was just wondering if in the transfer process all the files can be given a new name or could this be done once the site was on the new server?

Sorry I’m not a very techy guy- that’s why I am looking for a fully managed hosting plan.

Thanx all suggestions appreciated

Hi, I am looking for Managed VPS Hosting, and having read your forum and testimonials and nearly ready to take the plunge with VPS-2.

I have a question that I would like answered (if possible) before I make the purchase – I understand I could make the purchase and then raise a support ticket, but I thought I would try this route first….

I was an administrator on a recently launched website + vBulletin forum, which is in its very early days and still needs a lot of developing – the guy that set up the site also provided free hosting with his own company.
To cut a long story short he lost interest in the site and handed it over to me. I have had the domain name transferred to me and I am the registrant, and now own the site.

All the hosting we have is still free, but it is becoming very much hit and miss with regular downtime and sluggish performance of the site – so I want to make a fresh start with a new hosting company.

I would like to migrate the site to KnownHost, my only concern is with the existing file naming of the site – as it was set up by the previous owner a lot of the files and data bases use his name. (Though I have had full user privileges given to me for the databases) I have been given full access to the server and site with usernames and password and can easily provide all admin access to the site and cPanel. I was just wondering if in the transfer process all the files can be given a new name or could this be done once the site was on the new server?

Sorry I’m not a very techy guy- that’s why I am looking for a fully managed hosting plan.

Thanx all suggestions appreciated

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost :)

If you have a cPanel login, and it sounds like you do, we can move over the account no problem :)