MySQL 5

sue

Anybody know how to upgrade the VPS to MySQL 5? I submitted a ticket asking this question, and was told that Support does not answer questions like this.

mySQL comes with fairly thorough installation instructions, and there are installer packages available for most operating systems out there (your control panel may even have a simple checkbox interface for the entire process). However you should be aware that this really is one of those "if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't do it" kind of things, as there's a very good chance you might break something horribly and support will definitely not sort out any configuration blunders that aren't their fault.

Anybody know how to upgrade the VPS to MySQL 5? I submitted a ticket asking this question, and was told that Support does not answer questions like this.
I don't see any necessity to upgrade MYSQL to version 5. MYSQL4.1.x works very good. and I also hear that with MYSQL5, remote connection will be slower. :(

I'm very much looking forward to a couple new features in mysql 5: triggers and views. Guess I'll just have to wait.

hi sue do you have cpanel, DA or plesk ? , i have cpanel and upgrading to mysql 5 was easy with yum.

yum --enablerepo=centosplus update php mysql-server