Backup solutions r1soft / bacula4hosts / others

JoseDieguez

Hi, everyone, i just wanted to know, wich solution do you use?

I have a dedicated with r1soft, and my experience has been average, since i am considering getting vps's, and looking other options, i have read about bacula4hosts.

Does anyone has used bacula4hosts? any feedback?.

I am looking some features that has r1soft.
Capable to backup to HDD in same server, or other storage backup server.
Admin interface to restore any file/folder/db of any cpanel user.
Cpanel access to it's own backups (i mean the user can, inside it's cpanel, restore files/dbs).
*Would be perfect if i can activate/deactivate per user choice the access trough cpanel.

Don't know if bacula works in dedicated, and vps's openvz/virtuozzo, i am still researching.

*Clarification: When i said experience average, since i have had errors almost every single time that i wanted to restore something (taking me a few hours to solve each time and be able to restore the desire files).

thanks to anyone who could share any recommendation

*Clarification: When i said experience average, since i have had errors almost every single time that i wanted to restore something (taking me a few hours to solve each time and be able to restore the desire files).

This has been my experience with R1Soft in the past as well. Unfortunately I'm not sure of an alternative to recommend that has a working feature set like R1.

This has been my experience with R1Soft in the past as well. Unfortunately I'm not sure of an alternative to recommend that has a working feature set like R1.

Yep, the thing that it's actually my main concern, is for vps's with virtuozzo openvz, since they cannot use r1soft, (as they cannot use cloudlinux), so the only thing is using remote backups, wich is not a very good method.

I hope r1soft improve soon, or at less, that some developer gives some competition to r1soft.

Thanks for your response!