Spam

Hey Guys,

Keep an eye on the Knowledge Base, I'm working on an article for training spam assassin automatically. It should help reduce this.

At what point would you delete email that you don't need? It may be good email, you just won't need it ever again. Still throw it in Seen?

At what point would you delete email that you don't need? It may be good email, you just won't need it ever again. Still throw it in Seen?
It still needs to be in Seen so that sa-learn can learn "good" and "bad" tokens. However, after it's been placed in "Seen" and you know for a fact that sa-learn has been run (gaining tokens from the message), you can then delete said message(s) from Seen. - But, personally, I've never deleted an email except for spam =P

Just created the two folders and ran the commands. Everything worked fine and the results came out as expected. Now to put it in practice.
Awesome, glad to hear it!

If I wanted to use a separate folders for particular emails, would I just run a ham-command for those folders as well?

@KH-DavidL Thanks for the followup. So far it's been great. Only one piece of spam has made it into my regular inbox since implementing the above process.

Awesome, glad to hear that. From review and other's feedback it seems that it's most accurate after reaching ~3,000 emails of ham and spam per email account. Would appreciate any comments/(thumbs up, etc) on the actual post as well.