Backup Solution

kelownatech

Would it be possible to get a backup solution from Knownhost? Perhaps an option to purchase blocks of space on a separate server?

Would it be possible to get a backup solution from Knownhost? Perhaps an option to purchase blocks of space on a separate server?

At this time we do not offer a backup solution like this. I will pass this up the chain to be looked at. Thanks!

Joel

use another vps on other server to do backup

hi,

although backup addons is not avai at the moment.

I think a FTP / NAS backup can be achieved easily by using another vps on an other server (not the one your vps is hosted in).

this can provide flexible backup solution, and I would like to see if anyone has done this before so we could have a quick start on the setting.

rgds
billy

hi,

although backup addons is not avai at the moment.

I think a FTP / NAS backup can be achieved easily by using another vps on an other server (not the one your vps is hosted in).

this can provide flexible backup solution, and I would like to see if anyone has done this before so we could have a quick start on the setting.

rgds
billy

Personally, I have my sites backup on my home NAS once a week. It really wasn't that difficult to set up using DirectAdmin. The tough part was getting my router all set up and forwarding the FTP to my NAS.

It works really great. Once a week, my router reboots and refreshes my dynamic DNS. Then, there is a job on my DA account that pushes backups of all accounts to the FTP server.

The best thing really is to have backups stored off-site meaning out of knownhost's network so if there was a network failure you would still have access to data. If anyone wants a recommendation for an excellent backup company feel free to PM me.

Even so, KH offering a backup solution would be a nice add-on.

Knownhost - any update on this? It would be great if this could be an add-on to each VPS package.

This would be very very useful to me.

I will leave this for Paul to answer as it isn't something we have any immediate plans for that I know of. Maybe he can add something to the little I know.

Thanks,
Joel

At this time we don't have efficient resources to provide high quality in-network ondemand backup service. This is something that we may add in the future but not in the very near future.

Regards,
Paul