I'd complain but........

DesotoD

I can't find a thing to complain about or not here anyways.

If you're reading this and thinking about switching to Knownhost, my advice is this:

DO IT!

I screwed up royally this am and deleted a very important database. I normally back up my sites before attempting any edits or deleting with pkgacct. Well, today I was running on an hours worth of sleep and simply forgot to backup. You know the saying.......if chit can happen, it will happen to me. Anyways........I open a support ticket, beg for a backup from the VPS backups and they found it! One tiny little database that is worth not just that account but it also got me the entire city's government account. (I'll be talking to you guys about another box).

They didn't have to spend their time looking for it. They could have told me "tough luck, bet ya back it up next time." I couldn't have blamed them, it was totally my screw up. But they didn't and as a result, I have a happy client and they have me going around telling anyone that will listen how much Knownhost rocks!

I've got a complaint...

I've got nothing to complain about!

This just isn't right.

But seriously....

I completely agree.

I have a VPS with webmin and I hosed my qmail installation by trying to get spamassassin working.

Spent 10 hours trying to get that stuff fixed.

The I found the backup/restore section in the power panel and went.... :eek: (then a split second later :D and 60 minutes after that :cool:)

So i open a ticket so i can find out *exactly* how it works.

less than 5 minutes later i have a response.

I asked a question to make sure i clarified that *everything* would get overwritten.

5 minutes later, a response.

less than an hour later my site was backup and going like it was 2 days ago... beautiful.

I wish there was a referral rewards system here because I will probably tell *everyone* about KH.

Thanks to Andrew and all the other Tech Support guys and gals for the fast responses and the no BS answers like other places have given me in the past.

"I wish there was a referral rewards system here because I will probably tell *everyone* about KH."

Just wanted to point out that we do have a refer a friend program. You can read about the details here: https://www.knownhost.com/affiliate

Thanks everyone for the kind words!!

Regards,
Joel

See, something else not to complain about.

I'm totally serious, you guys had better never go out of business because i'm staying with you guys until i win the lotter.... nevermind, after this qmail fiasco i'll be staying with you guys until i'm done with websites, no matter if i win the lottery or not.

Thanks!

See, something else not to complain about.

I'm totally serious, you guys had better never go out of business because i'm staying with you guys until i win the lotter.... nevermind, after this qmail fiasco i'll be staying with you guys until i'm done with websites, no matter if i win the lottery or not.

Thanks!

:) We are here and not going anywhere.

Joel

I checked out the referal system, although I think its rather unfair that you have to refer people to the same package as you... as I use VPS M.. and many of the people I could of referred, who want larger packages and many people who want resellers (loads of people after resellers) I cant refer them

Well technically I can and I have referred a friend.. but theres not much more incentive for me to refer much more people :rolleyes:

Change this rule!! The possibilities are endless :p

MikeyJ,

Thank you for the feedback, you raise a very good point. Currently our referral program does say:
"Also your referral must purchase a hosting plan within your same hosting type (ie. If you have a VPS M plan your referral must purchase a VPS M plan) or above to be eligible."

So you can refer someone with a larger plan then VPS M and still take advantage of our referral program. I just wanted to clear that up.

We have decided to change this policy so now any reseller/VPS customer can refer another reseller/VPS customer and get the $10 credit. The 60 day waiting period will still apply.

Thanks again for the feedback, always appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel

:) indeed...

last 8months we have to move our host 6+ times
finally we are on KH been 2 months

hope fully will never move from here....:)

Well thank you for listening Knownhost.. Great to see that KH are willing to take things on board and help out their customers.. your ace ;)

About the referal system. I am on a one year contract until january 2008. If i refer people, lets says i refer 5 people. How can i use this $50 dollar credit?

Will I have to use it if/when i am paying for another contract with u? will it be deducted from my current bill?

how will it work?

There is also the affiliate program for $25 a pop for reseller and vps.
http://www.knownhost.com/affiliate/

Doesn't say they have to be specific package, just they have to signup for reseller or vps.

Not sure how this is tracked, hopefully a decent system.

Same with the refer a friend. Exactally what should they mention in the comments. My name, my website, my username?

So if I have a vps and send you a reseller I would get $10 off or credit on my next bill or something somehow.

I dont know why the refer-a-friend thing still exists now that KH has a decent affiliate program (linked above).

Not sure how this is tracked, hopefully a decent system.

The affiliate system provides you with links and image banners to distribute.

Within the link(and in the image banner) is a unique ID for your affiliate account so if someone clicks the link and purchases hosting from KH - you get credited for that purchase.

Regards,

when you sign up it says you need a paypal account. Can this be any paypal account or must it be the one you signed up with your package.

Also these banners and links must they be on the site we have with you?

This would be inappropriate for my site as non of my regular visitors would be interested in hosting of any kind

when you sign up it says you need a paypal account. Can this be any paypal account or must it be the one you signed up with your package.

Any paypal account will do.

Also these banners and links must they be on the site we have with you?

Banners and links can be posted anywhere. No need to be on a website hosted with KnownHost. The whole point is to get the banners and links the most publicity possible so you can make the most $$$.

Regards,

Ditto..

I guess I do have one complaint,
When a program you are watching on TV goes to commercial, You start flipping channels and every channel you stop at is on commercials as well...
I wonder if KH has any pull with TV networks hehe:D

Ditto..

I guess I do have one complaint,
When a program you are watching on TV goes to commercial, You start flipping channels and every channel you stop at is on commercials as well...
I wonder if KH has any pull with TV networks hehe:D

Dude...get tivo!! :D

Maybe KnownHost could get itself into a sci-fi show somehow. Like, the Stargate: Atlantis expedition finds itself in need of a set of VPS setups for the city. Or maybe the TARDIS needs an upgrade and Doctor Who wants excellent support.

Just a few thoughts, guys. ;)

I'm really sick of this good service! I ask for support and actually get it! What's up with that Joel? I contact support about that new VPS this am and those jokers immediately got right on it. (it ain't fixed or I wouldn't be goofing off on the forums but still!) Keep it up and I might start expecting other companies to give the same level of support!

BTW, do you guys do laundry?

Dang that was quick! Y'all could have given me time to goof off a little more!

(Thanks! You guys rock!)