Plesk 8.1 Released

mecha50

Plesk 8.1 was just released. Its also now listed on the Plesk Updater. New features looks promising... Below is the changelog:

1. [+] AWstats support
2. [+] MySQL 5.0 support
3. [+] FreeBSD packages distribution
4. [+] FreeBSD packages support for Autoinstaller
5. [+] Backup to FTP
6. [+] Updating Plesk inside Virtuozzo VPS using EZ templates
7. [*] Improved hostname validation
8. [*] Language Packs distributed as RPM/deb packages
9. [-] DNS recursion bugfix
10. [+] VE Custom Reinstall Support
11. [+] Ruby support
12. [+] Backup of server settings
13. [-] Security bug in phpPgAdmin is fixed
14. [-] Security bug in ProFTPD is fixed
15. [*] Bugfixes
16. [*] Improvements

Detailed info here: http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/CentOS4.3/psa-8.1.0-centos4.3.build81061129.22.i586.html

Anybody upgraded already? I also want to know if KH would do the upgrade on our behalf?

At this time we're running various upgrade tests in the lab environment. So far upgrade results look promising but it is too early to say for sure. Give us couple more days.
Sure, we will be able to help you with upgrades.

Regards,
Paul

We're ready to start upgrading Plesk 7.x and 8.0 to Plesk 8.1. Please feel free to open a support ticket and request Plesk to be upgraded in your VPS. Please note that Plesk upgrade requests will be served with the same priority as migrations, applications installation, etc and as such might take anywhere between couple minutes to 24 hours to complete depending on current support load. As usual we're taking care of regular tickets first and doing any additional work as time allows.

Regards,
Paul

FrontPage Server Extensions

Will, I recently Joined KH, and got a plesk VPS account with v8.1.
Silly I was not aware of the discontinued support of the FP ext. in the new version. That can be an issue for some clients. Good that I didn't migrate clients that are using the FP ext.

Now I have to consider other options, as I can easily do without FP, but will my clients accept this change!

any ideas?
Thanks

Will, I recently Joined KH, and got a plesk VPS account with v8.1.
Silly I was not aware of the discontinued support of the FP ext. in the new version. That can be an issue for some clients. Good that I didn't migrate clients that are using the FP ext.

Now I have to consider other options, as I can easily do without FP, but will my clients accept this change!

any ideas?
Thanks

Sadly, The only solution I heard to this is to reinstall Plesk 8.0.