Any way to monitor server at specific time?

SonicGT

It seems that every day at about 6 - 8 am my time, my server load skyrockets and is almost impossible to access. I do have sql dumps going on as a backup of my database but that appears to finish at night about 4am my time. Is there anything I can run on the server to help me try and figure out whats causing the issue, or is it something I should submit a ticket for and see if KH can assist?

Howdy SonicGT,

Have you tried running top at that time to see if you can see anything? If you have and you could not see what was taking up the CPU cycles then nothing else you run will see it either. Odds are someone else's backups are running at that time since but the only way to find out is to have support take a look at it.

Howdy SonicGT,

Have you tried running top at that time to see if you can see anything? If you have and you could not see what was taking up the CPU cycles then nothing else you run will see it either. Odds are someone else's backups are running at that time since but the only way to find out is to have support take a look at it.

Thanks, yea when I am able to get to the server (sometimes I can't even ssh into it) I have run top and dont see anything out of the ordinary just top itself usually being the most cpu intensive process at the time. I'll submit a support ticket to see if they can take a look at it, thanks.