Domain name

urbantoy

Hi

I register my domain name at 1and1 and then transfered to dreamhost. The knowhost said: You need to create the following name servers at your registrar So, I have to go back to dream host? The thing is I closed the DH account already. any suggestions ?

Thank you

Hi

I register my domain name at 1and1 and then transfered to dreamhost. The knowhost said: You need to create the following name servers at your registrar So, I have to go back to dream host? The thing is I closed the DH account already. any suggestions ?

Thank you

Did dreamhost give you a separate login for domain control? If not, then you will need to submit a ticket with them to inquire.

They didn't give me an separate log in, but I used the same log in and I got in. I saw this " We currently have no "zone" file for mydomain.com, and so you cannot modify DNS.

Are you sure you have this domain hosted with us? (This page won't do anything unless mydomain.com's nameservers are set to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com, and ns3.dreamhost.com.) "

So, Do I have to go back to 1and1 ?

They didn't give me an separate log in, but I used the same log in and I got in. I saw this " We currently have no "zone" file for mydomain.com, and so you cannot modify DNS.

Are you sure you have this domain hosted with us? (This page won't do anything unless mydomain.com's nameservers are set to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com, and ns3.dreamhost.com.) "

So, Do I have to go back to 1and1 ?

Oh I apologize, I misread. Yes you go back to 1and1.

Hi

Thank you

I'm sorry. This week has been crazy....

What do you mean by "transfered" ? - did you just point the nameservers to dreamhost or did you actually transfer your domain name from 1and1 registrar to dreamhost registrar?