XML-RPC Questions

JohnA

Hey Guys,

Can someone help with this? I want to allow just 2 IPs to post remotely to a blog and I have to modify ModSecurity to do that. How do I do that in WHM or cPanel please?
Thanks!

Do you have current mod_security rules setup blocking xmlrpc, or are you using our default htaccess rule to block it?

@JohnA , That very well could be a plugin redirecting things back to local host thinking your an attacker. If you've got another computer (cell) to try from that might let you in.

Hey Daniel,

Got that sorted out finally. It appears my .htaccess was at fault so I deleted it and created another one. I don't have mod_security rules setup blocking xmlrpc, never changed anyting there - in fact, I don't know how to modify mod_security rules so I can allow 2 designated IPs to post. My .htaccess is basic now so no blocking rule that I'm aware of...help!

John

John,

If it's default on our server there's an htaccess file located in /home , you have to use SSH as root to access it.

In that file it'll look something similar to this:

Code:
<Files xmlrpc.php>
ErrorDocument 403 default
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Files>

Add a line for each IP that needs to access it:

Code:
<Files xmlrpc.php>
ErrorDocument 403 default
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1
allow from 127.0.0.2
</Files>

Of course the above are example IP addresses to be replaced with valid ones. If you have any trouble accessing the file just raise a ticket and reference this thread.