the deals that pay a year in advance

Steven Avery

I have a forum that I am migrating a small board, like a research blog, from vBulletin to Xenforo.
www.purebibleforum.com

At the same time I am moving it from Siteground ... very possibly to KnownHost.

The KH30DEAL is very nice for VPS, however I am not a fan of being pressured to buy a year in advance, $336, to get a good price..

$189 for 6 months,
$336 for 12 months.

If I go month to month apparently it would be 35 + 50x11 -= 585

Presumably, after the 12 months, I am bumped up to $50 a month?
(Allowing for small price changes.)

======================

If I switch to a shared server for awhile, and wait on the VPS, does that option remain open a month or three later?

Thanks!

(I was with KnownHost for awhile about 6 years back.)

Steven

I have a forum that I am migrating a small board, like a research blog, from vBulletin to Xenforo.
www.purebibleforum.com

At the same time I am moving it from Siteground ... very possibly to KnownHost.

The KH30DEAL is very nice for VPS, however I am not a fan of being pressured to buy a year in advance, $336, to get a good price..

$189 for 6 months,
$336 for 12 months.

If I go month to month apparently it would be 35 + 50x11 -= 585

Presumably, after the 12 months, I am bumped up to $50 a month?
(Allowing for small price changes.)

======================

If I switch to a shared server for awhile, and wait on the VPS, does that option remain open a month or three later?

Thanks!

(I was with KnownHost for awhile about 6 years back.)

Steven

It's not likely that this deal is going anywhere - it's been one that's worked pretty well for us and for clients. If you were to sign up at the monthly rate and later upgrade to paying for a year at a time the coupon would remain in-tact. The 30% off coupon is standalone and the term discount is different. If you signed up at the yearly rate you'd pay the same rate the 2nd year as the first - the price wouldn't go up after the first year.

hmmm... I did not realize you kept the editing down to 30 minutes.
Here is the full post with additions.
(Moderator can delete the one above, #3.)

===================

"The 30% off coupon is standalone and the term discount is different."

What is ... "Different" than what?
Are there two different coupons or discounts?

I noticed a reference for a "50% off for first purchase" at some times.
Is that available? Details? That might be a bridge as a short introductory discount.

"If you signed up at the yearly rate you'd pay the same rate the 2nd year as the first"

By paying in advance for the second year?
That's fine, but I would like to be sure how it works.

================

Let's say you are 2 months into the year you paid ahead.
Is the rest pro-rated if you move to a different KnownHost account?
Is it totally lost if you move to a different host company?

================

It is good that you don't have to pay in advance a year at the very beginning. At least one
competitor seems to insist that this is the only way to get their discount. And it may vanish
when it is time for extension. (I did not check that.) However, their base VPS is more robust,,
close to your VPS-2.

=================

Granted, the Xenforo community pretty much raves about Knownhost.

Knownhost gets solid references all around, including these 5 pages.

Knownhost Managed Hosting Services ...

Comments like this are common:

Post #10 - "Been a KnownHost customer since 2008... best customer support."
Post #33 - "...I have been with them for almost a year they have great service and support i will upgrade to this as well."
Post #34 - 37 - 62

Post # 39 and 57 and 64 are longer raves!

And similar kudos on a thread that I opened up about VPS hosts
VPS with good support, modest price

And similar on some other threads at Xenforo community.

And I do like the fact that you have this Xenforo forum!

================

If I sound picky here, please understand this is a private, little board, paid by an indifvidual
rather than a business. Neither paying $50 a month at a time for a modest VPS,, or paying
in advance $350 is very attractive. (A third possibility is starting on a shared server.)

So if I pay a year upfront (either now or after a month or two.) I really want to know the
hidden details that are not hard to find.

Thanks!

Steven

Last edited:
I have a similar question. I want to try out KH for 1 mo. at 30% off, and have my WHM Cpanels transferred over and test it out. Right after that, would I still be able to get the 30% off and use it for a whole year? Would it be: $56 and then $588 for 1mo and then 12mos. of MVPS2? Sometimes discounts are for new customers only, and I would no longer be a new customer.
Thanks.

I have a similar question. I want to try out KH for 1 mo. at 30% off, and have my WHM Cpanels transferred over and test it out. Right after that, would I still be able to get the 30% off and use it for a whole year? Would it be: $56 and then $588 for 1mo and then 12mos. of MVPS2? Sometimes discounts are for new customers only, and I would no longer be a new customer.
Thanks.

Hi there.

If you're referring to our 30% coupon for either the Managed VPS line or our KVM Cloud line then yes, you can purchase 1 month to start and then after that month covert it to a yearly payment plan to receive additional discounts.

Thanks!